Editing My Scenes

In order to create the dark and gloomy atmosphere and convey that by falling into his ice cream my character has landed an alternate world, I had to photoshop every single frame in the second half of the film, which was quite a time consuming and difficult process. Fortunately, Mr Andrews helped me to solve the problem that I had previously encountered last lesson, where I could not successfully import the frames, by saving the files as a BMP.

To create the dark and dreary affects, I first rendered some clouds, and then added a layer mask, so that I could paint out the centre part of the clouds with a soft brush so that you will still be able to see what is happening. After this, I added a small amount of noise to the layer as another cool affect and changed the blending mode to multiply. Then I added an adjustment layer over the top and dramatically decreased the saturation so that you would be able to see barely any colour in the image.

After finding that simply copying the foreground that I had created over each frame that I had exported into photoshop didn't work (the adjustment layer and the layer mask would get lost in the process), I found a much quicker method of simply copying the image underneath the foreground, after which all I had to do was export it.

To create the orb of glowing light in the second last scenes and to make the unconscious figure's face glow, I used the same method that I used the method before - selecting a circle with the elliptical marquee tool, filling it with yellow using the paint bucket and editing the layer properties, by adding an inner and outer glow. I then simply copied and pasted each frame underneath, moved the orb slightly each time, and exported each image.


Overall, the process of editing each frame was very time consuming and difficult, however this improved as I progressed and became faster, and all in all I am very pleased with the final result as it looks even better than I had imagined.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Year 9 Creative Media Design by Insight © 2009